Saturday, January 1, 2011

INTRO ~

01/01/2011


Hi, I'm Allie.  I used to blog a lot when I'd go on MySpace in around 8th Grade.  I took a break from it then, and now I'm starting back on blogging (yay!!)  ~^^~  (<--This is my personal smilie)  Anyway, as of this writing I am 20 yrs old and married to a wonderful husband ♥  He's a Christian Apologist (a·pol·o·get·ics  [uh-pol-uh-jet-iks]  –noun used with a singular verb )
the branch of theology concerned with the defense or proof of Christianity.  - Dictionary.com)

You can visit his website at http://deeperwaters.wordpress.com  ♥

Let's see, what else about me...Um, I LOVE anime, I love to draw anime, and I also LOVE animals ^^;  My favorite animal would probably be the Wolf (lupin).  I also really like horses (equine) and basically ALL canines (and foxes - vulpes).  In fact, that's what this blog is all about, animals and nature in general ^^;  Now, I do admit, I will probably have things up here on [i]some[/i] creatures I don't like (aka bugs - especially spiders...ewwwwwww -sqeam).  But I also know they are just as important to the Earth as any of the other creatures I do like (such as cats (felines) and birds (avians).

Now, can we all agree that our Earth needs some major help?  You may realize this, or you may not, but we are damaging our planet in a big time way!!  Look around you, all the pollution, trash that is littered, and illegal animal fights (cock/dog fights for example).  We are hunting animals for game, just to have fun.  I know some people are doing that not necessarily for fun though.  My uncle for example, before he died, he did hunting, but he actually hunted for the meat to eat.  It's true that humans are above animals, but we need to respect them as well.  (Proverbs 12:10 = The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.  -NIV)

I am a Christian, and as a Christian I realize we have stewardship of the Earth.  Of course, we can think in extremes as well.  Take PETA for example, or how my husband calls them jokingly - People Eating Tasty Animals.  Of course, if it is your decision not to eat meat, that's fine too.  Anyway, they'll actually put animals above humans, and this is wrong.

This is one extreme, but it seems many Christians have gone the opposite extreme by doing nothing to help animals or nature for that matter.  Understandably, we want to avoid the New Age movement and we don't want to be environmentalist wackos.  Is it possible to love, appreciate, and have wonder and respect for God's creation without worshiping it?  It is, and that's what this blog is all about ~^^~

I'll be putting different things up on facts about animals/plants/etc, as well as ideas on how we can help.  I'm calling ALL people, Christians and non-Christians, to help heal our environment because it is going to take team work on ALL of our part to help our Earth.  However, we Christians who believe God created everything good, should be the examples in this!




Love the Earth and take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment